Friday, August 10, 2007

My morning

At the beginning of my employment with Navy Federal, I was given my "own space" at the Northview Training Center by K-mart because there was no available space at Heritage Oaks in Beulah. I was told, because I am always at work on time, that the alarm would go off if no one was there in the morning to turn it off. I was never given the code to the alarm because I figured it was a power--or "security"--issue, so I never pressed the matter.

I knew that the one lady who is always early to work at Northview Training Center was going to be out until Tuesday, but I still had hope that the one guy that's always there early too would be there instead. Alas, no one was there. I opened the door and heard the alarm's beeping echoing in the dark office. I immediately shut the door and started calling all the numbers that I could remember. Carol, one of my bosses, called the Security department and told them to disregard the alarm. Everything was taken care of, and I definitely generated a few laughs.


On a different subject: I got a new haircut last night. I really love it! My family said it is the best haircut I have ever had. The hairdresser made my hair so much lighter and tried to teach me how to care for it.

I feel that I am in a very awkward place right now. I'm bored at home, but I think I would be bored in Tallahassee too... I miss having Matt around. I've lost some contact with my old friends, but life's also changing for all of us. Most everyone has paired off with significant others. I am really happy to see everyone's making some progress in life. Life seems to slip away from our grasp before we know it. It's so strange, yet very exciting, to see how people are developing into adults. We're all at that weird stage of life where we don't necessarily want the responsibility of adulthood, yet we want don't want to be considered adolescents. I definitely suffer the weakness of the college-age mentality: distaste for committment. But, I know that I am slowly becoming less scared of it and more longing for something to be a little more established in my life. I don't want the shackles of routine, but I want something that's mine because I worked for it under God's guidance.

No comments: