Thursday, October 11, 2007

Removing earth to create a foundation

I really enjoy going to Intervarsity Bible study. We are studying Jesus' teachings in Luke right now. We read the teachings about bearing good fruit and building the houses on weak/solid foundations. My Bible study leader, David, made a point that profoundly affected me: you have to remove the earth (digging deep) from the foundation for it to be solid. Basically, you have to remove things from your life that will weaken your spiritual growth.

To go along with this, God has been revealing things in my heart that keep me from loving people without discrimination. It's so easy for me to withhold my love from people who irritate me or who are strange. That's not how God loved people. I want to be like Jesus in that He was abundantly generous with His time and love. Slowly, God's been pointing out what areas I need to release bitterness or selfishness. It's going to be a tedious process, but I'm enjoying the results.


Life has been pretty busy so far. I'm enjoying my time exploring different ways to worship and getting to know people at Intervarsity. Senioritis is definitely kicking in. Graduation cannot come too soon.

No comments: