Thursday, October 25, 2007

Awake the dawn

I really enjoy getting to school really early in the morning for many different reasons:
  • Parking is abundant
  • Nice, cool weather
  • Pumpkin muffins and coffee on Thursdays
  • Seeing the sunrise
The sunset is a very intense, passionate part of the day. The colors are dramatic; the sun goes out in flare.

The sunrise emits a different feeling to me. It's fresh, innocent... maybe even bashful at times. I love the feeling of the cool dew (even if it frizzes my hair) and how the earth seems to emerge from sleep as slowly as I do. When I walk around in the morning, I realize that every day is a unique creation-gift from God with new opportunities. I love the feeling of the early morning.

Anyway, I was also reflecting on my previous post. I don't know if anyone actually reads this blog except for Matt occasionally, but I realized that it might sound like I might be directing my frustration at certain people. It's truly intended for society and its peer pressure and fickleness. I saw myself being critical of other people's tastes today and definitely felt convicted. I'm a part of society, and to be "all things to all people" I think I need to recognize that a little conditioning is okay. I am God's, and that should be what defines me.

Well, Ringl and Cassie will be arriving in a couple of hours. I'm pretty excited--we're going to have a little dinner. I'm going home this weekend. Yay, it will be nice to hang out with people I don't get to see very often.

Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.

Psalm 57:8

No comments: