Friday, February 6, 2009

Anxiety

I have been struggling with anxiety for the past couple of weeks. Big decisions, money, and the economy have been weighing on my mind. My mood has seriously suffered.

At work, I would read the news because I get bored. All that the newspaper cares about is the worsening economy and all of the ideas to fix it. I have some serious disagreements about the blame pushed on Bush and the possible solutions to stimulate growth.

Right now, Matt and I are pretty safe from the declining economy. Our jobs are realtively secure, we don't own a house, or have any children. But, I know that I will be forced into finding a real job within the next year and half. Unfortunately, the arts are not doing too well with the decline in available funding. Matt reminds me that I have to have faith.

Fortunately, God seems to be working out my internship issues. There are plenty of organizations in town that want free help and respect our graduate program. I might also be able to have my scholarship pay for it... but, we're still trying to work out the details. I'm really thankful to have God's watchful provision and a program director who really cares about his students.


Well, on another note, it's Carnival season here in New Orleans. I've had at least 2 king cakes a week (and I haven't gotten the baby yet!!). Matt got an extension on his thesis, so he will be able to enjoy the parades with me. Oh my gosh, I'm soo excited about Mardi Gras.

No comments: